I love making “arroz con cebolla”. It is one of those rice dishes that I could eat all the time. I try to eat as little rice as I can but this is certainly a personal favorite. Check out my recipe for “arroz con cebolla” at Nibbledish.
- 1 cup of finely diced onions
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Goya Adobo without pepper (http://www.goya.com/english/product_subcategory/Condiments/Adobo)
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1 can of onion soup
How to make Rice with Onions (Arroz con Cebolla)
- In a pot heat olive oil.
- When oil is hot add the onions and garlic.
- When onion starts to look translucent add salt and adobo.
- Turn the heat off and add rice. Mix well so that rice gets coated with the oil in that pan.
- In another bowl add the onion soup -whatever size you have is ok- and add enough water to make it to 4 cups of liquid.
- Add the 4 cups of liquid to the rice and mix, but not too much. You don’t want to release too much starch.
- Turn the heat on and wait until it boild.
- Reduce to simmer and cover. Let it cook for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.