As the days get closer and you have probably mapped out where you will stay and what sessions of SXSW you will attend, one of the questions you might want to ask yourself if you are a Vegan or Vegetarian is where will you eat? We have listed some Food Carts that cater to Vegans and Vegetarians for when you are on-the-go.
Here are about six restaurants located Downtown in Austin that we found that serve and cater to vegans and vegetarians.
- Austin Java will serve you breakfast all day with products that are vegan and vegetarian friendly and non-GMO (They do not use products that are a Genetically Modified Organic.)
- Clay Pit if you want to do lunch and enjoy Indian Cuisine but check out their schedule before you reserve on the Open Tables system. Here is a list of their vegetarian options.
- Pita Pit offers you Lebanese style vegetarian options. They are also offering a vegan black bean patty.
- P.F. Changs If you would like to enjoy a sit down dinner and Asian cuisine.
- Serranos Tex Mex Restaurant will have vegetarian options for you . If you are a vegan just ask them to prepare your meals with out the cheese.
- Iron Cactus it has a great view of downtown Boston and Raúl’s experience during #SXSW was great both times Raúl choose to eat there.
- Casa de Luz – recommended by Nando Caban-Mendez and Thom Singer according to it’s website their nutritionally trained chefs handcraft plant based, 100% organic, vegan, vegetarian, alkalizing, nutrient-rich meals that will improve your health.
There are more restaurants in the downtown area that will serve you vegan or vegetarian options.
Thanks to VegAustin.com for providing great information. If you feel like venturing outside the downtown area, this site will provide you with other alternatives. I would check the list to make sure the restaurants are still operational as there were some that we found out of business.
We also posted a previous post on Vegetarian and Vegan Food Carts which also can give you a few other options.
Are there other restaurants in the Downtown area of Austin that serve Vegan or Vegetarian options?