Adventures with Watermelon
A coworker was going to bring me homemade food from her house. Given her family is from India and she likes to cook spicy, I was expecting nothing but the hottest food in the world -I was not disappointed-. So then I thought, what would be a good complement to a spicy dish? Something cold? Or at least fresh? That is when I remember this “salsa” I tried some time ago. May be I could turn it into a salad. And I did.
- 3 cups of chopped, fresh and firm watermelon
- 1 cup of seeded and peeled cucumbers
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 seeded and finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 seeded and diced green or yellow pepper
- the juice of two limes
This is an assembly dish. Combine all ingredients and enjoy. This salad is very fresh and the watermelon is very susceptible to the taste of the onion. I don’t suggest leaving any leftovers.
PS If you chop and dice all the ingredients very small, this makes one of the greatest salsa for chips recipe in the world!
la voy a tratar y te cuento… sounds delicious !!!!
That looks yummy Ivan!
This looks awesome you can have it as a salad or salsa… Thanks for sharing Ivan.